Calling all singer/songwriters! Musicians! A cappella groups! Spoken word artists! Slam poets! Comedians!
We are hosting our first open-mic night Thurs. 7/26, 7:30-10 pm. Won't you join us?
The Herter Park Amphitheater is an outdoor venue along the Charles River in Allston, MA. It seats 350 (benches & seats) plus 200 lawn seats. Seating is general admission. Plenty of FREE parking. All shows are FREE & all ages. Venue is wheelchair accessible.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
* Sign-up now! First come, first play.
* All styles and levels of experience welcome & encouraged.
* ABSOLUTELY NO PROFANITY or OFFENSIVE PERFORMANCES! We are in a state park, with families walking by. Our events are all ages shows.
* Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate bands at this time. Small acoustic groups, or a cappella groups OK.
* No drum sets, but percussion OK.
* Set length is 2 songs, or approx. 8 minutes stage time. Please have 3 songs prepared in case we need to stretch!
* We will provide sound system, including 2 mics/stands & cables to soundboard. You must provide any other equipment needs.
* Allowable instruments include acoustic guitar, a single electric guitar (bring own amp), keyboard or pre-recorded track on your phone. (Bluetooth receiver to our sound system available.) Play something else? Tell us in the comments.
* We will hold some slots for walk-ins day of show. Walk-in sign ups available on-site beginning at 6:30 pm.
* If your name is called and you are not in the venue, you will forfeit your stage time.
* Our stage is not wheelchair accessible, but there is plenty of room in front of the stage. We will make every effort to make accommodations for individuals with mobility issues.