Open Mic Rules/Info
Thank you for taking part in what will be a wonderful monthly series of shows! Shows will take
place on the last Tuesday of every month from 6:30pm-8:30pm in our downstairs showcase room located at 154 Mineola Avenue in Roslyn Heights. Please review the rules below, and email us at Roslyn@schoolofrock.com if you have any questions.
1. Each performer has a 15-minute time slot, which includes setup and breakdown (generally 1 minute will be spent on each). Any extra time spent setting up will cut into your set time to ensure we stay on schedule.
2. Electric guitars/effects pedals are ok to use - just no distortion! Acoustics are preferred and encouraged (both acoustic-electrics and regular acoustic guitars). Bass guitars are fine as well. We're trying to keep these nights as "organic" as possible.
3. Drummers can use our drum kit with brushes or hotrods only - no sticks! If you need to change setup/swap out cymbals, etc., please factor that into your set time.
4. Weighted piano will be available to use, or you can bring your own (please factor into set time).
5. Instrumentals, spoken-word poetry, comedy, and any genre of music is OK to perform - just keep it clean and appropriate for the vibe of the night. Originals are highly encouraged!
6. This is an all-ages event - please keep the content of your performance PG. We reserve the right to cut you off and not have you back if you violate this rule. If something is questionable, email us about it - or just do something else.
To sign up for a night, please email Roslyn@schoolofrock.com the following information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Description of act (music, poetry, comedy, etc.)
- Setup Info (instrumentation, how many microphones you will need, etc.)
The event will be streamed live on UStream.com. School of Rock Roslyn reserves the right to use taped performances for promotional purposes.
Call us at 516-767-2262 or email Roslyn@schoolofrock.com if you have